- Urdu (Beginning) study abroad is offered during the summer of 2020 (June 10 – August 6, 2020) in Delhi, India.
- There are no language prerequisites for the beginning level of this program.
- Intermediate Urdu may be considered if enough students show an interest and apply by the deadline.
- Students will live with homestay families and be provided with a room, a private or shared bath, and two meals a day.
- Urdu classes are intensive and worth eight college credits, covering two semesters of language study in one summer and focus on speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Activities and excursions will include several activities in and around Delhi, involving religious, cultural, historical and military significance. Visits with US and Indian military officials are expected to occur again in Summer 2020.
- Don’t know where Delhi, India is? Check out this map!
Need we say more about why you should study Urdu? Here’s why YOU should study the language (click here)!
How to Apply:
Students interested must complete TWO separate applications (Project GO and UW Study Abroad at UW-Madison).
- Project GO Funding application (Deadline: January 13, 2020), click on the “Apply Now” button at the top or bottom of the webpage.
- Students who are awarded Project GO funding will need to apply for the UW in India program via the UW Study Abroad application website (Application Deadline: March 1, 2020).
Note: Full completion of the UW Study Abroad application is not necessary until Project GO scholarships are announced February 12, 2020. However, you are welcome to start an application. Please note that completion and acceptance to UW Study Abroad prior to February 12, 2020 does not guarantee Project GO funding.