The online application for Project GO funding for Summer 2022 will open October 1, 2021. To apply, visit the National Project GO website at www.rotcprojectgo.org.
Application deadlines for hybrid and study abroad programs will be January 12, 2022
Application deadlines for domestic programs will be February 22, 2022
All applications, both for overseas and domestic study offerings, will be processed through the National Project GO website at www.rotcprojectgo.org and reviewed by a Review Committee at UW-Madison. Please note that a complete application, including all supporting materials, must be submitted by the stated deadlines to be considered.
Things to know before starting an application:
- You will need to create a Login after clicking on the “Apply Now” button at the top of the National Project GO website page.
- Note: If applying to an overseas study program AND a domestic study program, you will need to fill out two separate applications.
- You can apply for up to 3 different language programs for each overseas and domestic study application.
- Complete the online application.
- Please refer to the application instructions for the most up to date information by going to the National Project GO website at: www.rotcprojectgo.org
- You will need the following items to complete your application for submission:
- A copy of your most recent transcript which includes your Fall term of study (All applicants may submit official or unofficial transcripts).
- A letter of recommendation from your ROTC Commanding Officer.
- An Academic Letter of Recommendation that addresses: a) the relationship between the recommender and applicant and b) the reason the applicant is a good candidate for this scholarship (Project GO at UW-Madison encourages Academic Recommendation Letters to be from a language instructor, if possible).
- Complete the additional application for the specific language program you are applying for (We encourage students who wish to study overseas to start the application process via the appropriate link below. For domestic study, we encourage students to apply after receiving and accepting a Project GO scholarship):
- Indonesian (domestic)
- Russian (domestic, no additional application required)
- Hindi (domestic)
- Turkish (domestic)
Please contact the Project GO at UW-Madison office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Review Committee will rank applications based on criteria set by Project GO and UW-Madison. Awards are announced approximately two weeks after the application deadline.